Methodist Internship Programme
The Methodist Internship Programme
Developing the Intersection between Faith and Work
The Methodist Church is
seeking young adults who want a unique opportunity to develop their careers and
their faith. The exciting opportunity
for 21-26 year olds offers a year exploring faith and personal development
alongside a paid employment with a range of professional organisations across a
variety of business and charity sectors.
The new The Methodist Internship Programme scheme combines training and mentoring to support professional, personal and spiritual development. With a programme to develop both the intern’s faith and their career potential, participation will be a considerable addition to CVs as well as a significant step up into the intern’s career of choice.
Methodist Internship Programme runs from mid-September 2019 – August 30th
Each intern will be paid a living wage by the Methodist Church, along with other travel expenses associated with the placement. (excluding accommodation). They will undertake mid-week residential training events and have a dedicated mentor to examine the complexity and opportunities of expressing your faith through your career.
Jude Trenier, who is developing the programme on behalf of the church, commented,
“These interns will have a fantastic opportunity to step into the world of professional work with organisations in various key professional sectors. This is an internship that is about getting stuck in to the real work of any organisation – they definitely won't be a glorified tea maker!
“When we think about our career choice and our calling we don’t often join up the dots between the two. Living out our faith in the jobs and vocations we take up is a key Christian principle.”
Roles with the following organisations/sectors are currently
available: (More roles will be advertised in early 2019 – check back here or on
our social media for more information on those).
· Charity - Action for Children
· Finance - Central Finance Board
· Politics and Advocacy - House of Lords & Joint Public Issues Team (Methodist Church)
· Politics & Advocacy - House of Commons & JPIT & Methodist Conference Office
· International Development & Communications – All We Can
· Research & Events – St Georges House Windsor
WHO CAN APPLY?
You can apply for an internship if:
· You have completed your full-time university studies (bachelor's degree or equivalent) at a university or equivalent institution prior to commencing the assignment. (Please note: Not all posts require a degree – you may be able to apply for some posts with A levels and equivalent experience or vocational qualifications – please see Job descriptions for full details
· You hold at least a grade C or equivalent in Maths and English at GCSE and have the right to work in the UK without restriction for the duration of the programme.
· You must be at least 21 -26 year old to apply. (Those who fall slightly outside of this bracket should contact the organisers to explore possible eligibility).
· You will be able to provide a spiritual and character reference from a church or faith community leader within the Christian tradition.
· All applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK and must hold a current NI number, UK bank account and valid proof of ID (passport or British birth certificate, please go to www.gov.uk/check-an-employees-right-to-work-documents for more information).
· You will be available to attend an interview at some point in May 2018 (some may be in June 2018) – interview dates will be offered approximately 2 weeks after closing date if you have been shortlisted.
For an informal chat or to have further details about the internship please contact Jude Trenier E: Tel: 02074673523
Please visit the
below link for adverts and application forms.